Most of the time the answer is at the bottom of the bottle, but other times…

Of course, this one fell on deaf eyes.

God DAMN, I love my job. About the only thing I don’t like about it is getting paid less than a public school teacher. $23k a year starting, if I haven’t mentioned it before. I know, the average teacher trained for seven or eight years and spent about $100k in addition to a the $60k it took to get a degree, and most classrooms hurtle through the sky at over 500mph, and if a school teacher messes something up, it could destroy a $40 million airplane and kill dozens or hundreds of people…but it still seems somehow cosmically uneven. I’m told that someday if I don’t get furloughed or the entire industry doesn’t get taxed, unioned, and regulated into nonexistence I could make some large bucks, but for now the pay is really my only complaint. Oh, and one more – sitting around listening to everybody bitch about how horrible this job is.

The complaining comes mostly from the senior guys – captains making good bucks working 2-3 weeks a month flying airplanes (which is not a difficult job about 99% of the time). I sometimes feel a need to grab folks by the shoulders and shake them while explaining that if they want to know the kind of misery that Dante himself couldn’t conjure, they need to go sit in a cubicle and take orders from a clinically retarded MBA whose ineptitude would get him exiled and/or lynched if anyone in this country had a single shred of common sense.

It’s this weird “us vs. the company” attitude that bothers me. Err’body hatin’ on the corporations these days. The same corporations that employ you, make you able to feed and clothe your kids, send said kids to college, and keep a roof over your head. I’m not championing the cause of corporate greed – just saying the shrillness of the cry should probably be dialed back a few clicks. Biting the hand that feeds us and whatnot. Like it or not, even if your opinion is that corporations don’t pay enough in taxes, they do create a shitload of tax payers, and that is much more important.

There are some interesting things that happen in this job, and a whole new set of observations to be made by jackasses like me who consider themselves astute, but don’t know what the word astute really means and are too lazy to look it up.

HOTELS.
Back to my previous point about people being promoted well beyond their level of competency – somehow this became an initiative at Holiday Inn.

If my crappy picture is unreadable, the pillow on the left has a nifty little cozy belt around it, faux-fastened by a comically large plastic button, attached to which is a heavy gauge plastic screenprinted thing that says “Soft”. The pillow on the right, on the other hand, has a nifty little cozy belt around it, faux-fastened by a comically large plastic button, attached to which is a heavy gauge plastic screenprinted thing that says “Firm”.

Solving a problem that has plagued hotel goers and society in general, namely how we could possibly discern between a soft pillow and a firm one, has fallen to the geniuses at Holiday Inn. Sure, I could reach out and feel the pillow with my hands, but I don’t have all night. I’m just glad that the company is spending resources on the important stuff. Nobody really needs a decent internet connection.

On the subject of pillows at hotels – can we please stop the madness? There used to be a couple of normal pillows on the bed and I don’t remember OccupySpringfield.org starting a grassroots movement to change that. Suddenly pillows are square (my guess is that it is a normal pillow crammed into a small pillowcase to save money) and they seem to multiply like tribbles. I am looking around my room right now and there are two beds for some reason. Maybe one is soft and one is firm, but how am I to know unless they embroider a delightful belt to go around it and hang a sign from it? Between the two beds there are over 400 pillows. About 396 of them end up along with their belts and placards in a pile on that weird upholstered chair in the corner that would glow like Japan after an earthquake if you shined a spoogelight on it. Along with the pillows you will find that useless book of information you already knew about the hotel and its surrounding attractions, the phone (after I have used it to call and ask why the internet doesn’t work), and the five or so table tents on every horizontal surface encouraging me to buy movies, join the rewards club, convert to mormonism, or to throw my towels on the floor if I hate the rainforest and all of the adorable little animals that hop and prance therein.

Another stupid marketing thing. “We care about our use of water and soap because it hurts the feelings of hummingbirds and lemurs when we don’t act environmentally conscious.”

Bull. Shit. Let’s rewrite this with a little honesty –

I speak for all travelers (really, I talked to everybody who has ever traveled and they all agree) when I say that what we want in a hotel is as little foreign-ness as possible. It’s weird enough spending 4-6 days a week in a bed that is not your own. Why do we have to exacerbate the problem by using a toilet that makes a noise like the catapult on an aircraft carrier when we flush it? While your showers are no doubt water savers, the benefit is lost when I am faced with a faucet/shower head combo that looks like MC Escher learned to weld. The ten minutes spent trying to figure out how to adjust the temperature followed by the five additional minutes trying to make the water go to the shower head sort of clear cuts about an acre of rainforest.

So as travelers, we are already sort of micro-traumatized by the very act of traveling. A motion detector in the ceiling that turns off the air conditioner when I leave the room is going to get someone hurt. I also don’t really want to turn on the television and have to navigate to a place where I can watch actual television. All I need out of your television is a place I can hook up an HDMI cable and Net me some Flix.

And maybe check out some internet while I exacerbate.

324 Responses to “THIS UNIT IS CONTROLLED BY WALL THERMOSTAT”

1. on 04 Jul 2015 at 12:54 am black dress shoes aldo for women

When selecting shirt the color of shirt should be lighter than the color of men Olive Green suit.
    You ought to constantly select garments that will not harm your kid’s wellness as well as wellness.
    Men’s Loafer If you need a great but fashionable men’s loafer then have a
    look at large collection of this model obtained online.

You might also want a pair of slippers so you can keep your tootsies warm indoors in today’s economy.
    A single chain beneath your shirt, along with a watch and class ring are fine.
    use them to liven up a plain black outfit and add other white accessories to finish.
    However, you can always go for the soft colors like ivory
    if your dress is a pastel shade.

My webpage … black dress shoes aldo for women

2. on 04 Jul 2015 at 1:00 am leather dress at neimans outlet

The opening of this pump has a soft scalloped edge and the toe is done in a smooth leather for a nice contrast to the suede.
    For men, this means wearing a full suit rather than coordinates.
    The manmade shoe and sole can be bought usually in gold or
    silver colors. A female character can do almost anything a man can do, but a woman can also be paid by NPCs
    for sex. Depending on the piece, these range from simple to near
    gaudy. However, if you add a cute animal or other image to
    the hat, your hat may stand out from the rest.
    This inspiration mini-dress will look so sexy for a night out on the town with your best girlfriends.

Also visit my web-site leather dress at neimans outlet

3. on 04 Jul 2015 at 1:02 am customized tee shirts

I am in fact delighted to glance at this weblog posts
    which carries plenty of helpful facts, thanks for providing these data.

4. on 04 Jul 2015 at 1:54 am prescription ray ban

Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the
    net the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about worries that they
    plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and
    also defined out the whole thing without
    having side-effects , people could take a signal.

Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

5. on 04 Jul 2015 at 2:10 am descargador mp3

Odor Mute C is concentrated, and uses enzymes to eliminate the odor
    causing oils, not just masking them. This is an important process because
    you will familiarize yourself with the process involved.
    You are always asked to get acquainted with
    the present situation of your battery, and understand the proper placement,
    before perfect move.

6. on 04 Jul 2015 at 2:19 am Twila

Here at Createch we have made a variety of supplements,
    several of which are intended to do an exact job with your body.
    Good cholesterol or HDL helps your body rid itself of dietary cholesterol.
    There are only 2 St Johns wort products that I know of, that
    have had been properly researched and the Flordis Remotiv is one of those.

7. on 04 Jul 2015 at 2:20 am airsoft gun

What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable know-how concerning unpredicted
    feelings.

8. on 04 Jul 2015 at 2:27 am Pizza Ovens China Pizza ovens india

Understanding both advantages and disadvantages are important in order to choose the best internet marketing strategy.

A VPN creates an encrypted connection to a third-party server, and all your
    Internet traffic is routed through that server.

You can download Avast Free Antivirus for free from the Avast website.

9. on 04 Jul 2015 at 2:28 am The Aussie Method

It’s perfect time to make some plans for the future
    and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or
    tips. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read more things about it!

my web page; The Aussie Method

10. on 04 Jul 2015 at 2:39 am design t shirt cheap

Somebody necessarily lend a hand to make significantly articles I’d state.
    This is the first time I frequented your website page and up to
    now? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this particular post extraordinary.
    Great job!

11. If you desire to increase your experience just keep visiting this
    web page and be updated with the newest news update posted here.

12. on 04 Jul 2015 at 3:07 am social media management services

Hello, I enjoy reading through your post. I like
    to write a little comment to support you.

13. on 04 Jul 2015 at 3:19 am nike free run sale

My coder is tгying to convince me tօ move to .net from PHP.
    I havе ɑlways disliked the idea becɑuse of the expenses.

Вut he’s tryiong none tҺe lеss. I’vе been using WordPress on a variety οf
    websites fߋr aboսt a year and am anxious ɑbout switching tо
    another platform. I hаve heard ɡood things about blogengine.net.
    ӏs there a way ӏ can import all my wordpress content into it?
    Any Һelp ѡould be greatly appreciated!

ʟoߋk at my blog post … nike free run sale

14. on 04 Jul 2015 at 3:45 am Wendell

Also, you should start with a low dosage and work your way up.

Good cholesterol or HDL helps your body rid itself of dietary cholesterol.
    As after the tiring workouts session the body
    of bodybuilder is malnourished then the requirements of post workout supplements increases.

15. on 04 Jul 2015 at 3:47 am real madrid soccer jersy bale

Ahaa, its good discussion regarding this
    paragraph at this place at this website, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.

16. on 04 Jul 2015 at 3:47 am heroes charge hack

Initial off, allow me suggest you not to fork out focus to any of the things you can invest in in the software.

The most up-to-date problem is Can in truth Swamp, and the application presents you the entire features
    consider in the activity to some handsome hurry-inducing 425.

Midas – Player, which is better known as King — the symbol and name
    that exhibits up when the mobile application is begun — is in fact undertaking so,
    in accordance to a Tuesday report in the Wall Avenue Journal.

Here is my web page: heroes charge hack

17. on 04 Jul 2015 at 4:03 am Bridgett

Hi there, this weekend is pleasant in support of me, for the reason that this occasion i am reading
    this great educational piece of writing here at my residence.

18. on 04 Jul 2015 at 4:04 am follow goodyear coupons on pinterest

This website delivers only useful info and that I am checking to it this instant!

Thank you folks!

19. on 04 Jul 2015 at 4:13 am http://cmaawards2015.com

Hi there! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4!
    Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward
    to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work!

20. on 04 Jul 2015 at 4:13 am www.projectmanagement-website.com

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a
    few of the images aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same
    outcome.

Look into my page – workout supplements (http://www.projectmanagement-website.com)

21. on 04 Jul 2015 at 4:15 am cara bermain texas holdem poker

Mobile gaming is becoming more popular each passing year.

However, technical support is always available should any of these problems happen to you.
    When this service was first being offered, it was akin to the wild west for gambling.

22. on 04 Jul 2015 at 4:19 am jaynie mae baker

Hi! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using
    for this site? I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because
    I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives
    for another platform. I would be great if you could
    point me in the direction of a good platform.

Stop by my web blog: jaynie mae baker

23. on 04 Jul 2015 at 4:38 am http://herbalremedies.us.com

Thanks for finally writing about > Salami Tsunami – Self-Righteous Indignation Since 1972 Archive THIS
    UNIT IS CONTROLLED BY WALL THERMOSTAT < Loved it!

24. on 04 Jul 2015 at 4:46 am make your own shirt online

These are really impressive ideas in regarding blogging. You have touched some good factors here.

Any way keep up wrinting.