I’ve been working on a book. I know! It’s only like almost every one of you has suggested it a trillion times over the past six years or so. As much as I rail about common sense, I pondered that fact and wondered if I really had any of my own.

Hell, as long as I’m broke and all of my students keep canceling flights, I might as well sit in front of my typewriter in a blazer with elbow patches and sip coffee as I create my opus. Well, that’s how I always pictured it, but really it’s been more of a hangover/bedhead/in my underwear sort of creating.

Funny thing about the job – The flight school’s business is slowing down due to myriad factors, but we’re operating and keeping the doors open. No danger of the unthinkable, but as a result, I and other guys aren’t getting as much flight time as we’d like.

“Well, it’s the economy, Dusty.” Is what everyone says. However, all I hear is “Dusty, you need to meet more people with airplanes.” So I printed out a dozen resumes and spent 3 hours walking around the airport in my pilot costume talking to people. Overall it was a depressing experience. Most were firing pilots and/or selling their airplanes. So I told them I’d fly for free. They were willing to take my card at that point, and I’ve flown a couple hours I wouldn’t have otherwise.

So working for free seems stupid, and according to my bank and my mortgage company it really is, but if you think about the Kenny Chesneys, Billy Crystals, Oprahs, and anyone else you know who has “made it” in whatever way they chose, every single one of them spent some time doing it for free. You could say they got paid retroactively, and according to the forecasts in the aviation industry, pilots have 2-4 years before we get paid like mob lawyers for working 6 days a month. A mere 40 years after that I will have possibly paid back all of the people and companies who have loaned me money and I can enjoy my smug self-satisfaction for the 15 minutes I have remaining to live.

I love shitting on my own point like that. What I’m saying is I have chosen this field and I will stay with it until I either cross the hump or have to start pumping gas.

Meanwhile, almost everybody I know is busy blaming the economy. I’m not a fucking genius, I’m not a better pilot than the other guys, and I’m certainly not better looking or more charismatic than anyone else. What I am is what one of you once called “negatively optimistic”. I hope that means I see everything as a seasoned cynic, but I look for a better way. If it doesn’t, please explain.

What am I getting at? The premise of this book I am writing and how I hope some of you can help me write it. Obviously I can’t pay you right away, but I’m not asking for much. The idea behind this book is to illustrate and hopefully do a small part in reviving optimism. It’s written pretty much like my blog (which means I’ll probably have to self-publish), and it attempts flailingly to examine causes of optimism and pessimism and how creativity, common sense, comfort zones, and other factors play in.

That description might suck, but the whole thing is based around stories like the ones I put in my blog. It’s definitely not a self-help book – hopefully it will be a chance to present some of the stuff I have written in a more meaningful way.

Since I wouldn’t have had much of this material or a decent idea without this blog, and I wouldn’t have this blog if it weren’t for you people, I think it’d be rad if anyone felt like sharing any stories they might have that they think could find a place in the book. I also think it would be rad if we all used the word “rad” a little more.

So send me an email if you need me to be less confusing about what I’m looking for.

Remember when I turned thirty and everyone I talked to acted like I had just been told I had cancer? “oooh. You’re turning thirty this year?” (inhale through clenched teeth) “Are you okay?” I didn’t understand that, and I don’t understand why everyone is acting like I should be all in a twist about my wedding. Which is four weeks away. Holy crap.

“So…are you and Sara doing okay with the wedding planning?”
“Huh? Yeah. It’s all pretty much ready. Really all we had to do was send what felt like an oil tanker full of money to St Croix and then we have to show up at a certain time.”
“DUDE. A destination wedding? You’re a dick making everybody travel and get a hotel and stuff.”
“Actually, I’m not. No one has to come if they don’t want to or don’t have the funds. Shit, I wish I had that option for most of the weddings I’ve been to.”
“Yeah, but what about all of the invitations and stuff? Isn’t that a pain?”
“It took us a weekend to make and mail them all. Probably would have paid someone else to do that if I was going to do it over, but it wasn’t a big deal.”
“Is she freaking out about the color of the napkins and stuff?”
“No. I would never marry a retard.”

I’ve seen the TV shows about insane brides, and I see it like I see the guy who got killed trying to skateboard down the St. Louis Arch. You’re sort of putting these things in motion yourself. See if you want complete control of every detail of everything, you’re bound to overload and have lots of problems.

Oh, we’ve had moments where we both sort of looked at each other and said “dude. That is something to address”. It started the day I gave her the ring. We said “Let’s come back here and have a wedding on the beach by ourselves, hire a videographer, and go back and have a party.” Groom’s dream – no responsibility at all. Second only to driving to the courthouse.

Awesome idea, but it’s a lot like saying “We just won’t invite our friends and family to our wedding.” See, my mom will not believe I am getting married until she sees it, and most of my friends won’t believe Sara agreed to marry me until they see it.

Plus, we started thinking that we’d get a little bored all by ourselves. So we’ll just invite our parents. Okay. And our brothers and sisters. And their kids.

It literally took 12 minutes for the guest list to reach almost a hundred. Then we had to decide on how to pull it off, assuming 15-20 people would actually show up. We decided to get one of those wedding packages that are designed for a certain number of people. After a day or two of looking at the options, it was pretty much good to go.

Then we found out that we were going to have closer to 50 people show up. So start over on that one, but we are harvesting organs for our guests because this is going to be the best party they will ever see, and replacement livers are going in the gift bags.

She has only asked my opinion on a few things because she knows that if it doesn’t matter, I’m not burning calories. What kind of frosting on the cake? White? Fine with me. What kind of cake? Don’t care as long as it is in the shape of boobs and has at least one endangered species in it. Just keep it classy.

I have heard stories of people paying thousands of dollars for flowers that go on tables, lights strung across the room, and other stuff. Really we haven’t encountered anything that I thought was totally insane except the photographer. Sara is keeping me away from her because “she can’t be in therapy for our wedding.” Wedding photography is a massive racket, but when you go 1600 miles offshore, they can really make with the dry rape. Charge whatever you want because there are only four people with cameras on the island.

So it’s some insane number of dollars to hire the photographer. But wait. That’s only for two hours. What about the drunken debauchery to follow? Another twelventy thousand million to have her there for that. But the thing that sends my monkey ass into orbit was that you have to pay MORE for the actual pictures. I’m sorry- help me understand. So I just paid you enough to buy all new equipment and you’re going to take pictures for four hours, but what do I get out of this again? Pictures? No? Those are extra? Even though you work digitally and it takes zero to one minute to “develop” the images?

So just when I think the photography is crazier than a rabbit’s ass, I see that we have an option to have said pictures put into a nice album. And the album costs even more. A hard cover book of printed images we already paid for once would be a price that made me suck my office chair halfway into my anus.

But wait. It gets better. There was also a stipulation that no one else is allowed to take photos while the photographer is working. This is where I got vocal. I agree that if she lights a shot just so and someone comes in and tries to capitalize on her work so we can get a free picture, fine. Not cool. I wouldn’t let someone do that. But if she thinks she’s going to tell my parents that they can’t take pictures while we’re getting married, there will be a lot of camera equipment at the bottom of the ocean tied to one overpriced photographer.

Basically I spend a lot of time asking myself why no one else is outraged about things that outrage me. I think the only way to get a cop to come take a report of your car being broken into would be to park it at an expired meter for thirty seconds. I see someone leave their grocery cart in the parking lot and I want to throw it through their windshield. I hear an employee at a company tell me that it is “not possible” to get something shipped overnight, and I wish I could fire them myself. Paying a photographer a price to show up and then paying more for the photos makes me crazy. Stuff like that.

I don’t know if it is the scenario itself that makes me mad, or the fact that almost everybody I know has an attitude of “that’s just how it is” and rolls over like a pussy. I’ll admit that things are the way they are, but for some reason I refuse to believe that things must remain that way. I think that is a kind of optimism, and ironically I deal with it by being negative. I think. Is it really negative to call someone out for doing something stupid or refusing to understand a simple concept?

No. It’s not. It’s what needs to happen more often. You’re not necessarily a special snowflake and you are not necessarily capable of anything you put your mind to. You will be a better person if you give it a shot, though. I do know that much.

38 Responses to “Poptimism? Optimissism? Pessimoptisistic?”

1. on 07 Apr 2009 at 8:45 am Andy

Good luck on the book if I can find any optimism in my life I’ll shoot it your way.

2. on 07 Apr 2009 at 9:10 am Nightmare

I am sending you the email…not because I don’t get it I want to help! and by help I mean by getting 100 monkeys with typewriters and then shock them enough to get a story out of them…all the while dreaming of what I will do with all that extra loot you will be sending me for my contribution.

I mean who couldn’t use an extra .47 cents? Especially since I quit my job last week to sit on the couch and fiddle with my baby maker.

As for the wedding shit, my wife and I got married at
    a friends music venue a year ago last Apr. 12th Thanks for coming btw, and we did the whole thing including food and alcohol for less than 5000 clams. 120 people, and it snowed, which helped with the crowd control.

3. on 07 Apr 2009 at 9:10 am Nightmare

there is a link in there….

4. on 07 Apr 2009 at 9:20 am Jess

I do enjoy your rants! I send my well wishes and know that the wedding is going to be off the chain! Enjoy!

5. on 07 Apr 2009 at 9:33 am Ken JP Stuczynski

Amen, brother. What a coincidence, too … I’m performing my first wedding ceremony in less than a month!

6. on 07 Apr 2009 at 9:40 am Ryan

We managed to find a photographer that gave us a dvdr of all the pictures as part of the price. It only took me three months to find a computer new enough to few said pictures.

The wine at the reception was the part that got me. $34 a bottle for the cheap stuff, or supply your own and pay $13 a bottle for the “corking fee.” And $300 for a keg of Miller Lite (I know, but I’m cheap)! I felt like the hotel consumated me before I even got married!

God speed with your book. I’ll buy one. Who knows, I may even have something to contribute.

7. on 07 Apr 2009 at 9:49 am GPD4

I want the book. How much…I might even pre-buy one…

8. on 07 Apr 2009 at 10:06 am warcrygirl

Holy shit, I wanna be a wedding photographer when I grow up. I’d contribute a story but I want people to actually buy and read your book.

9. on 07 Apr 2009 at 10:14 am Zoltar

Great Post…The photography is a major racquet but it gets worse…they will tell you that you won’t get the pictures for 6 months…then they will actually get them to you in a year…it is classic tradition. Look forward to the island days ahead with you and your anti Spartan!…

10. on 07 Apr 2009 at 10:16 am Icelander

If the photog is so bloody expensive, why not hire a professional in Atlanta. Offer them a free flight to the island and back (they pay for their hotel) and you’ll pay for the photos when you get home. They get a small vacation for the cost of four hours of work and you save the hourly rape.. er.. rate.

11. on 07 Apr 2009 at 10:42 am Phil

“suck my office chair halfway up my anus”…adding that to my Dustyisms that I repeat (and credit you with). Along with “blouse clowns” and “sweet baby Jesus in a carry on bag”.

We’ve been married 12 years. We’ve looked at our professional photo album all of…once. Save the money and spend it on disposable cameras and hand them out to the guests.
    We also had the reception at her aunt/uncle’s house in Conyers up on a granite-type hill with beer and wine we bought and catered the food (the biggest expense). Biggest pain in the ass was the week before driving back and forth through Freaknick traffic on I-20.

phil
    jax, fl

12. on 07 Apr 2009 at 10:56 am Deanna

How about instead of contributing content, we all spam you with possible titles for your book?

how about

Pork Soup for the Soul: Optipesstical Stories of Pussozoids, Asshats, and the World’s Worst Album Covers.

or

It’s a Spacktardiful Life, Dusty Brown:
    One Man’s Search for Optipessim in a Pessoptimistical World

13. on 07 Apr 2009 at 11:40 am Claire

I had the best wedding EVER about 7 months ago. Our theme was “good enough.” That’s the dress I want and there’s a dress almost like it for $400 less… good enough! I want the whole place strung with little lights or we could get LED ice cubes and float them as center pieces… good enough! I don’t want a big wedding and if we take the photos before the ceremony we can be at dinner inside of an hour… good enough!

People should be more jealous of my awesome wedding and reception (did I mention the reception was the next day… and a costume party?) but they are too dumb to realize we actually had FUN instead of some beautiful, elegant, stuffy, painful party. People just don’t get it. And we spent most of my Dad’s money on the open bar. Cause you can use plastic tablecloths if you arrange to have everyone too drunk to notice.

14. on 07 Apr 2009 at 12:39 pm Max Girth

Its the same way every time I get an offer from a deposed president of Nigeria, there is always extra fees.

I’m gonna hit it rich though!

15. on 07 Apr 2009 at 12:59 pm Roachmon

I got married in St Thomas when I was living there and my family was in Michigan and her family was in Grenada. We simply walked down to the St Thomas courthouse and had the Justice of the Peace marry us and here we are 17 years later. We didn’t tell a soul for 3 months until my Mother came down for a visit 3 months later, where we told her on the beach at Magen’s Bay. Shit, we were already living a Honeymoon. No regrets, no worries. Then we had 2 receptions in the following year, 1 in Grenada and 1 in Michigan…..Good ting, Mon!

16. on 07 Apr 2009 at 1:01 pm Justin

most memorable events of my wedding.

1) Tracy drops the ring whilst in the process of getting it from the minister’s hand to my finger. It came within one inch of dropping down a grate. Ironically, I lost the ring later (it was cursed from the start).

2) At the reception we go cheap and have a friend play music on an acoustic guitar (very nice by the way). My three year-old nephew sits down indian-style two feet in front of the guitarist and listens intently for about 10 minutes before he inexplicably stands up and pulls his pants down around his ankles, turns and moons the artist.

3) All the kids eat my much-anticipated SpongeBob grooms cake while I am doing the obligatory march around the room to shake hands and thank everyone.

But at least memories like these make you forget about the friggin’ expensive pictures.

17. on 07 Apr 2009 at 1:33 pm Disgruntled Member

I have a similiar story about how we are expected to just accept certain things.
    I am a member of one of those gigantic warehouse prices-are-cheaper-because-you-get-enough-to-last-you-a-lifetime places. Every time I walk in, I’m asked to show them my membership card. When I asked the door nazi why, I was informed that she’s just doing her job and that “the corporation” was the ones who set the rules. This in mind, I decided to contact “the corporation” and explain to them why I found this practice so painfully ridiculous, given that you can’t make a purchase without a card. To my shock, they did respond. Not so shocking was the stupidity of the answer. “We do this because we are a members only jumbo shop and this is the only way that it’s fair to our customers.”
    If someone can explain what “fair” means in that context to me, I would greatly appreciate it.
    And if this world wide corporation put any real thought into their business plan, wouldn’t they realize that by having more members, therefore more shoppers their prices could be made even lower and their profit margins would increase?
    But alas, I am but a lowly member who must accept going through a security and body cavity check every time I need to pick up a 1000 pack of sparkling water because it’s “fair”.

18. on 07 Apr 2009 at 1:34 pm Aaron

So….you won’t be tipping the photographer, then?

19. on 07 Apr 2009 at 2:02 pm Heather

Love the idea by Icelander…screw the photographers on the island and bring your own. Hard to imagine you’d have trouble finding someone in ATL willing to give you a great price on your wedding photos in exchange for a free trip!

Also, I would buy multiple copies of any book that you write, because you are one of the few bloggers that I regularly read who is funny enough to make whatever liquid I’m drinking come out of my nose. 🙂 Good luck with the book and hopefuly things will pick up with the flying biz.

20. on 07 Apr 2009 at 2:08 pm Brook

Dusty –

Awesome post… as always. If I can think of anything witty to send over I will. And I would like to be the first to sign up for a leather bound, autographed copy of your book (I’m assuming at 100x the paperback price).

Disgruntled Member –

There’s actually a reason why they stop you at the door. Having worked the retail sector in a past life… It is much easier to stop someone there who may not be a member and ask them to join. It’s completely a different scenario when someone has come in… spent an hour shopping… has a cart full of stuff… waited in line for another 1/2 hour (they never have enough staff on) and then tell them they cannot purchase. You want to talk about disgruntled!

21. on 07 Apr 2009 at 3:56 pm Melodee

My dream is “to live in a world where people put their shopping carts away”. So glad to hear you agree with that one! I get angry as well when people do stupid things like that.

I will definitely buy your book.

22. on 07 Apr 2009 at 4:59 pm Karen

Ok, on the topic of “bring your own photog”- find a college student who has majored in photography, check his/her work and offer them the trip as the whole fee, and maybe 20 bux for a dvdr of the pics. My exroommate did that at her wedding. The kid got to use the pics as part of his portfolio and final project at school, she got cheap pics.
    Just make the kid promise not to get too drunk til after the chicken dance.

23. on 07 Apr 2009 at 6:18 pm HairMetalMistress

What did you name the cat, for crying out loud?

So do you want stories about how we try to change the stupid things we encounter? Or at least argue about them and sometimes make a scene? If so, I got your back on that one, just want to make sure.

24. on 07 Apr 2009 at 9:16 pm Michael

Maybe I can shed a little light on SOME of the issues with wedding photography…

1. People have NO IDEA how much time photographers spend behind the scenes working on wedding photography. You may only SEE them for 6 hours or so, but they put LOTS of time in on your images. Many wedding shooters today shoot like crazy all day at weddings to ensure that you get good photos. Then they spend hours selecting the best several hundred or so. THEN each of the “selects” must be processed for color, contrast, density, crops, and probably some get converted to B&W. Many of them will likely get some sort of special treatments. Then there’s the consultations with brides. The many emails with questions and special requests that must be responded to. The locating, hiring, and general dealing-with of assistants and other contract help. None of those things show up on your final invoice, but are necessary for the job.

2. The “No One Else Can Shoot” rule… This is one of those things that sounds much harsher than it really is. I’ve never known a photographer who gives a shit about others taking photos at weddings. This policy, however, gives the photographer some ground to stand on in the rare instance that someone is being a dick about duplicating a shot that the photographer has set up. Lighting is only one factor in an image. Posing and location are huge factors as well, among others. If a pro selects a perfect location for a photo, then poses a wedding party in a way that makes for a beautiful composition, she is well within her rights to ask that no one else shoot that shot, don’t you think? Many shooters still wouldn’t say anything about guests shooting from behind them, because they’re confident that their shot will be superior based on even more factors. (This rule is also helpful for events when time is a factor. If there’s precious little time and the director is squawking to hurry up, the photog does not HAVE to stand by and wait while everybody else takes photos with their phones and whatnot. She can just say “sorry” and move right along, to speed things up.)

3. I’m sure it’s too late for this, but…the industry is so dead right now, you could EASILY find a good, experienced local who’d be willing to travel and still give you a very good price. I’d do it and I can name a few others who would, too, and I don’t know very many wedding shooters.

4. “Pay her to shoot, then pay again for the pictures” … Does that mean that you are paying extra for digital files or for prints? If it’s for digital files, that’s pretty common. Most photogs have an added fee for digital files because that just about guarantees that there will be no additional revenue from that client. As opposed to when the photographer retains the files, then there’s always the possibility of additional reprint or enlargement orders. Also, many are hesitant to part with digital files, and rightly so. Once you have that disc in your hands, you’ll take it straight to Walgreen’s or wherever and get shitty, glossy, consumer grade prints and the photographer no longer has any control over the quality of her work. The photographers worst nightmare is when you have a shitty, glossy, 8×10 on your desk and someone asks you “Who took that?” and while they’re too nice to TELL you it looks like shit, they’re making a mental note to NEVER hire that photographer.

You seem confident that some things just don’t make sense, but I’d wager that if you spent a couple weeks with a photographer you’d agree that they bust their ass for every dollar they make. At least as much as, oh I don’t know… pilots 🙂

Regards,
    Michael

PS: What’s the new cat’s name?

25. on 08 Apr 2009 at 5:04 am Peter

I like Rad as a word Dusty, but more into using Groovy at the moment. It could come back into fashion! Sometimes things are just groovy 🙂 The young whipper snappers look at me like I am about a 100 (actually only 40) I think that might be part of the fun.

Good luck with the book and wedding.

Peter

26. on 08 Apr 2009 at 11:09 am Shortcake

Here’s the deal with weddings…every bride that has ever planned a wedding says “it doesn’t matter how much it costs, its my one special day”. Which screws all the rest of us sensible people because photographers and the like name their price, and ask to get paid in full before they even show up. That is, unless you marry Zoltar, then the vendors run and hide because they know they won’t make a profit negotiating with him.

27. on 08 Apr 2009 at 1:16 pm Michael

@ Shortcake:

“Sensible” people have plenty of photographers to choose from who will shoot a wedding for very little money, or even for free. Poke around CraigsList and you’ll find no shortage of “sensible” pricing for wedding photography.

Now, if you want an experienced professional with premium gear, and premium back-up gear in the event of the inevitable malfunction, and who also has good business sense, you can expect to pay a quite a bit more.

The point is, you can pay as little as you want for wedding photos, down to and including zero, but you get what you pay for, in my opinion.

And, although most photographers I know do not demand full payment in advance (a 50% deposit at the time of booking is typical for weddings), it sounds like a good idea to me right now, as I’m spending lots of time lately trying to get people to pay their balances.

(By the way, I’m not a wedding photographer. I do photograph the occasional wedding, but mostly I work for photographers; doing post production, assisting, and the like.)

Regards,
    Michael

28. on 08 Apr 2009 at 3:25 pm TJ

Spotted owl upsidedown cake is to die for.

29. on 08 Apr 2009 at 7:12 pm Bailey

For the book, could you maybe give an example of what kind of story you’re looking for? It’s not some kind of Chicken Soup for the Soul sort of thing is it? I wouldn’t think you’d write something like that, but then again you are in love and you have a cat, so maybe you’re only crunchy on the outside.

With wedding photography you have two choices – have someone you know and/or guests take all the photos and save lots of money, and possibly have only crappy photos to remember one of the (hopefully) best days of your life, or pay a really good photographer a lot of money to do it right. I picked having a friend do it and got lucky – but only because there were other people with really good cameras at the wedding taking pictures, and I still wish we had a few more professional shots. It sounds like you’re doing things right, and all the money you’re saving by not doing a lot of the traditional (and stupid) wedding stuff is well spent on good photos.

Good luck; have a great wedding and honeymoon!

30. on 09 Apr 2009 at 4:12 am Steve P.

One, more indirect, way we might be able to help you out with the book is by helping in your prospectus. If you can show the publishers you’ve got a loyal following (and the book is the right length and in the right market, etc.), I think you’ve got a good shot of getting it published by a large company if that’s what you’re into.

31. on 09 Apr 2009 at 9:46 am justmouse (or Chaosmomm..whatever)

“no. I would never marry a retard.” Best line EVER.

32. on 09 Apr 2009 at 3:20 pm Jayme M.

-insert rant here-

I have a similar feeling concerning the use of the word “drama” in modern times. Often times, Person B calls Person A “dramatic” simply because Person A called Person B out about something shitty/generally ridiculous/retarded Person B did.

When did it become dramatic to express a feeling of general discontentment and hurt? When did not saying anything and being a throw mat become the only publicly acceptable way of expressing emotion? Total bullocks.

As such I’ve decided that “dramatic” simply means expressing a feeling that the other person feels is unnecessary and/or confrontational because it’s actually true. Bunch o’ pansies.

p.s. Congrats on writing the book. It should be fantastic. Also, showing a “loyal following” sounds like a good idea *points to Steve P.*

33. on 09 Apr 2009 at 6:45 pm Blunderman

You can use my title “Upbeat Manifesto” for your novel, but only if your main motivation is to help people and make them laugh. You’ve done a good job so far, and I’d hate to see this done just for the dough.

The entertainment industry has made me paranoid of such behavior.

If I was wealthy enough, I’d fund things like this myself.

34. on 10 Apr 2009 at 7:36 am Donoman

That’s nothing, I’m a photographer and I shot my own wedding. You should have seen the bill I gave myself so our parents could pay me to see the photographs.

Now I charge them a “Grandparents Fee” to see the kids. This can really work in your favor if you play your cards right.

35. on 10 Apr 2009 at 2:47 pm Amy

I know this may have very little to do with your book theme but you’ve got to include the cat stories, which are some of the laugh-out loud funniest that I’ve read in your blog over the years. Some kind of appendix or something.

Amy

36. on 10 Apr 2009 at 4:45 pm Incredipete

As someone who is an on-again-off-again wedding photographer, I can tell you that I enjoy dry raping happy couples as hard as I possibly can.

37. on 11 Apr 2009 at 12:39 pm Blackie

I’ll buy it if you write it. Love your stuff.

On the publishing front, check with Uncle Wil (http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/). He has done exactly what you are talking about and done by himself and with a publisher. He is currently self publishing and even making low cost pdf’s that seem to be working.
    Give him a yell, I’m pretty sure he’ll have ideas and tips.

On the wedding front, I have done it at both extremes, schmancy church wedding and 20 minutes in a judges office at a courthouse. The courthouse one actually lasted longer…

Really like the hire a local and give them a trip and the college student/new photog ideas.

Good luck with the ceremony and book. I’m sure there will be great stories from both.

38. on 12 Apr 2009 at 7:04 am Nancy Rector

My wedding cost $200… I think. $50 cake, $50 to make my own dress…reception at parents house. My dad took photos. I was 18 and thought it was great. Now 50 and married 31 years… still think it was pretty great. Ü Can’t wait for the book!

Nancy